[OBM Admin] user id handling change

Bán Miklós banm at vocs.unideb.hu
Wed Nov 23 10:55:53 CET 2016

Hi All,

I've realised a weakness with user's id handling. I used the real sql
id in GET requests which wasn't a wise thing.

Therefore I changed the code to use an encrypted string instead of it.
All requests like this:
http://openbiomaps.org/projects/dinpi/index.php?userprofile&id=1

changed to something like this:

http://openbiomaps.org/projects/dinpi/index.php?userprofile&id=be19Wwd4IslHg

Only one modification necessary in the biomaps SQL database:

UPDATE users SET "user"= crypt(id::text, email)

I run it on all servers except the GEKKOs! If you have a gekko and you
would like to follow the software updates, please run this SQL code
yourself!

Later I will extend the deb package to make these kind of updates
automatically.

Miki

--
Miklós Bán, PhD
MTA-DE "Lendület" Behavioural Ecology Research Group