[Devel] [GIT] OpenBioMaps GIT repository, branch master updated:

Bán Miklós banm at vocs.unideb.hu
Thu Apr 12 00:15:38 CEST 2018

Sorry for the monumental update :)

After a long time I updated the master branch. I would like to use the
master branch as stable branch for updating the servers.

I've no better idea to keep servers up-to-date, just copy the newest
stable version from the git-repo to the servers. To accomplish this
plan we need a stable branch. I think the master branch would be the
best for it. This method does not support different stable versions,
e.g stable-1.0, stable-2.0.

According to my plan, the master branch would be used for server
updates. The other development branches would be always merged into the
master. I will merge the current main devel branch into the master and I
will post the master branch as stable release.
Please use the current devel branch to create your devel branches:

   Now, the master branch identical with the devel_2.4.

So, for example, if you want work on the blog function on the mainpage,
checkout the devel_2.4; create a new branch mainpage_blog; work on it;
checkout the devel_2.4; merge mainpage_blog.

Is it clear?
Do you like this method?

Miki

--
Miklós Bán, PhD
MTA-DE "Lendület" Behavioural Ecology Research Group