[OpenBioMaps] supercomputers and other news

Bán Miklós banm at vocs.unideb.hu
Tue Jul 28 22:13:00 CEST 2020

Dear OpenBioMaps users,

I want to tell you about some new interesting news/opportunity with OBM

1) OpenBioMaps is now available in the EOSC
<https://www.eosc-portal.eu/> (European Open Science Cloud) service
portfolio, meaning it can be deployed on any EOSC supercomputer capacity
through the GRyCAP <https://www.grycap.upv.es/> Infrastructure
Management interface <https://appsgrycap.i3m.upv.es:31443/im-dashboard/>.

2) In addition, OpenBioMaps background computing service is being
prepared, which will be used to analyze data in OpenBioMaps databases
using user-generated data analysis packages. For example, distribution
models or even sound analyzes. The databases running on each server will
run the analyzes on the OpenBioMaps supercomputer node maintained on the
EOSC supercomputer network. Analysis requests can be sent to the
computing server for analysis by creating a simple descriptive document.

3) The OpenBioMaps documentation has evolved a lot over the last six
months, it’s worth using!: http://openbiomaps.org/documents/

4) What do you think about organizing an OpenBioMaps workshop this year?

5) We received two FairPhone3
<http://openbiomaps.org/events/#74FairPhone3%20&%20OpenBioMaps> for
testing the OpenBioMaps application from the phone company. It was
good!We hope we can establish a long-term relationship with the company.

Best regards,

Miklós

--
Miklós Bán, PhD
MTA-DE Behavioural Ecology Research Group

OpenBioMaps
https://openbiomaps.org