[OBM Admin] QGIS connection

Ferenc Attila ferenca at bnpi.hu
Tue Dec 20 13:44:17 CET 2016

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just tried to establish a connection between the pgsql server and a
qgis client on gekko in local network.

In the /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf file I inserted the
listen_addresses = '*' value.

In the /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/pg_hba.conf I inserted this line:

# TYPE   DATABASE  USER  ADDRESS            METHOD
hostssl  all       all   192.168.1.76/32    md5

I’ve restarted the pgsql server (/etc/init.d/postgresql restart).

In QGIS the Connection infos are:

Name: Teszt
Service:
Machine: 192.168.1.73
Port: 5432
Database: my_database_name
SSL Mode: require
User name: my_database_name_admin
Password: ...

Now I can’t log in to my database neither from qgis, nor from browser.

When I set back the original pg_hba.conf file, I can log in from
browser, but can’t log in from QGIS.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks,

Attila